- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Sydney Harbour Foreshore, New South Wales
- Product code: PYVSZF
Beginners Digital SLR or Mirrorless Photography Courses in Sydney
A short introductory course to digital photography
This beginner photography course is run on various Saturday afternoons in Sydney throughout the year.
RUN DURING DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME : 1pm to 5pm
& FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR : 12pm to 4pm
Designed as an ideal introduction to the exciting world of digital photography, a perfect refresher course, or simply an opportunity to get out and practice under the guidance of a working pro photographer.
In this 4 hour workshop your tutor will take you to better known and also some hidden photographic locations around Sydney. You will learn what all of the different shooting modes of your camera are used for and how they can be applied to essential photographic techniques. Starting at the very beginning, we introduce you to your camera, lenses and other essential items that comprise a good photographic kit.
This workshop then logically progresses to giving you an understanding of the operation of your camera in manual mode where you will gain true creative control.
We will stimulate your creative eye by introducing you to simple compositional techniques as well as developing an understanding of working with various lighting conditions, a main key of photography. We will help you to develop the ability to pre-visualise a photograph and create some amazing images of sights around Sydney.
NOT SUITABLE FOR COMPACT CAMERAS WITHOUT FULL MANUAL CAPABILITY.
Basic overview of some of the topics:
- Understanding your camera
- Introduction to the kit
- Lens selection if you have more than one
- Shooting modes explained
- Focus techniques
- Aperture & Shutter Priority
- Controlling colour
- Developing the photographic ‘eye’
- Understanding & working with light
- Portrait & landscape techniques
- Compositional tips
- Controlling exposure
- Shooting in manual mode
This workshop is $150 for 4hrs Tuition
Your fee includes the following:
- 4 hours tuition with an award winning professional photographer
THIS WORKSHOP STARTS ON THE FORECOURT OF CUSTOMS HOUSE AT CIRCULAR QUAY. MAP AND DIRECTIONS WILL BE SUPPLIED UPON CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING.
No prior photography knowledge is needed for this photography course.
Not suitable for compact cameras without full manual mode.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop runs for 4 hours and you will be walking and standing. An appropriate amount of fitness is required.
You will need:
- Your Camera(s)
- Any lenses you have that you would like to experiment with
- Lens Hood (if you have one)
- Memory Card(s)
- Any camera accessories you may have
- Fully charged camera battery and spare if you have one
- Your cameras manual - for referencing those hard to find features
- Dress casual & comfortable with sensible shoes (you may get a little dirty at some locations)
* A final weather check will be conducted with the Bureau of Meteorology on the morning of your workshop. This may lead to the workshop being postponed in cases of unfavourable weather reports. We may run in cases of light showers but not in persistent showers or heavy rain. Should we need to postpone you will be notified via text message to the mobile number supplied to us.
* Images by Tutor Glenn Lockitch taken during the actual workshop.